Build the Basket is aimed at those retailers who cover the basics, but want to make a bigger impact by growing the trend of mission shopping. The aim is to increase overall basket spend in your store
Having a good understanding of different shopper missions is key to the second stage of chilled food excellence:
- Review your core range, space and layout within the chiller
- Block together all fridge essentials (e.g. milk and cheese)
- Ensure you are matching your pricing on core lines vs. competitors
Food to Go
- Make your store a destination for lunchtime
- Ensure the food to go lines are adjacent to each other
- Widen the meal deal to include chilled snacking (e.g. meat snacking – Mattessons Fridge Raiders)
Meal for Tonight
- Inspire shoppers for dinner time!
- Site together the weekday components meals (e.g. fresh meat with ready meals)
- Implement a promotion plan to encourage impulse purchase
Discover how to get the best out of your chiller space by downloading the ideal planogram for your store.
1Kerryfresh transitioning to Fresh to Store